I can’t believe that we are now ¾ of the way through our school year. This school year has been wonderful, and as a school we continue to flourish and grow. We have now established a very good reputation in Siguatepeque as a Christian, bilingual school with very high standards, and we have many children on our waiting list who want to come in. We praise God for that! Our students continue to amaze us with how much they are learning.
I, personally, find great joy in talking to the Grade 7 students in English, having full and normal conversations with them, and at the same time remembering when they first entered the school in Preschool having never heard any English. They have come so far and will continue to grow, both academically and spiritually, to become the future leaders of Honduras! Praise the Lord! Please continue to pray for all of our students and staff.
With this school year shortly coming to a close, and the 2017 – 2018 school year coming up very fast, we need more teachers to join our English teaching staff. We praise God that 5 of our English teachers are returning next year to teach and tutor here. As our school is growing we still need teachers for the following positions:
- Grades 1 and 2 English and Science
- Grades 6 – 8 Science and Computer
- Grades 1 – 4 P.E. and Art; and Grades 4 – 6 Social Studies
We are also looking for:
- A full time librarian
- Classroom assistants
What are the requirements?
- All of the classes are taught in English and so a knowledge of Spanish is not needed.
- A Christian with a heart ready to serve the Lord and the school.
- We are looking for qualified teachers but we will also consider people with experience in teaching.
- Minimum age: 21 years old.
- Our teachers are volunteers who raise their own support. You must be willing to raise approx. $700 a month.
- The librarian and classroom assistants do not have to be qualified teachers.*
Would you please help us spread the word about our need for more teachers? Tell your friends, family, churches and neighbors! This is an amazing experience, and a wonderful, but challenging way to serve the Lord. If you have any contacts with Christian schools and universities, then please be ambassadors for us there too!
Please join us in prayer that the right people will come forward so that we can start the new school year with a strong teaching team!
For more information contact me at: email@example.com